The Women’s Help Center
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy report that half of all pregnancies in the United States and unplanned – about 3 million each year.
- According to Child Trends Databank, pregnant teens are more likely than older women to receive late or no prenatal care (which can increase the risks for pre-term delivery and low birth weight, increasing the risk of child development delay, illness and mortality).
We provide factual information about pregnancy, fetal development, pregnancy termination, post abortion stress, support groups and alternatives to pregnancy termination. This information helps to enable the women to make an informed decision. Her choice will affect the rest of her life. We provide emotional support, spiritual support, education, material support and referral to other community organizations that will further assist her.
- WHC averages 1500 clients per year.
- Through the items that have been donated, we continue to provide support supplies (such as formula, clothes, diapers, etc.)
- WHC has worked to expand and enhance its services by educating pregnant women on the importance of early prenatal care, and improved the pregnancy and birth outcomes of Baton Rouge women.
- Our program offers complimentary prenatal vitamins to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Our focus on abstinence education helps young people to reduce their risk of potentially negative outcomes, such as unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
“Educate, Encourage and Empower women with resources and alternatives during unplanned pregnancies.”